We have only just arrived on our trip to SoCal, and already the strong family dynamics threaten to destroy what could be an amazing and fun experince. As each family member most out dual the others planned outing and everyone is force to go and be miserable rather than come and enjoy them self. We have not even reached these events and yet I feel the pressure mounting. The egos are flairing, and atleast I planned enough and am finally old enough to drive that I have a car and can leave when things start to get out of hand.
No longer am I dependent on another person for an escape. Yet it does not change how I feel. I just wish they could see how they where making people feel with all this over the top activity, it is so unnatural. I am not alone in my feelings it tends to be the younger generation, or those who have married in that want less pressure and structure. It is not say stop getting together. As I enjoy seeing the family together. But I don't want all the drama, or one up men's ship that is brought a long for the ride. Let things just ride and happen and be natural.
28 year old, father of a young boy, very conservative in my thinking. Very lost in my mind, unsure about tomorrow, unclear about today. Hoping my words might touch with someone, and find meaning and understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment